Have you been dreaming of a holiday, a new car, a new outfit or something as simple as a massage?
If you think that these luxuries are not in your current budget, stop dreaming and enter some competitions to earn some incidental income.
In a recent post How to Generate Extra Income plus More Money Saving Ideas I wrote about how I like to be rewarded for my customer loyalty. If I already purchase a particular product or service, or I am interested in trying another brand, I will enter their promotion.
There are plenty of competitions to enter. If you enter into a Registered Competition, someone has to win. If a prize is not claimed within a specified period, a second draw must take place – giving you another opportunity to win.
So, where do you find these competitions to enter?
- Do a Google search and you will find plenty
- Join a Competition Syndicate or Start your own with family &/or friends
- Follow your favourite magazines, products and services on Facebook to be first to find out about their contests. Some of them will be exclusive to their followers / friends / fans
- Read the flyers that come with your bills. This morning my electricity bill came with a chance to win my electricity bill paid for 12 months
- Radio competitions
- Magazine competitions
- Television shows including Game Shows
- Pickup a point-of-sale competition form next to your favourite products at the Supermarket, Pharmacy, Hardware store, etc.
- There are even companies you can sign up with that will enter a variety of contests on your behalf, for a monthly fee.
I haven’t won anything huge [ yet ! ]. Only things like:
- Tea Towels
- Snack pack
- Digital radio
- Easter Gift Pack
- Antipasto Platter
- Men’s Grooming Pack
- Theatre and Movie tickets
- An immunity pack for winter [ see Twitter account for photos @GrowingSnowball ]
However, I do have close friends who have won holidays, substantial-sized shopping vouchers and household appliances such as kettles, toasters and a double-door stainless steel fridge.
Even if you win something that is small or isn’t useful to you, you can still use it to your advantage:
- Barter with it with a friend or on a Buy Sell Swap Facebook site for something you want or need, to save you outlaying money;
- ReGift it to someone who know will appreciate it, which will again save you outlaying money; or
- Onsell it on ebay.com or a local sales site on Facebook and make some money.
Of course, do your homework first. Only enter competitions where you have heard of the Company / Brand otherwise you may just end up on a mailing list.
Most importantly, read the Terms & Conditions. There is no use going to the trouble of entering only to find out that you are not eligible.
And Remember …
Luck is on your side and don’t forget that … Luck is where preparation meets opportunity
You’ve got to be in it to win it!
Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit
When you enter a competition and don’t win, it just means your time has not yet come
What have you won in a competition?
Until next time,